Pages

Monday 23 January 2017

The Beatles

The Beatles is a band who played in 1960-1969. The Beatles were a English rock band that play in Liverpool in the 1960. There was John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr. The Beatles are the best selling history band in the world. Sadly John Lennon was shot dead by Mark David Chapman on December 8 1980. Mark David Chapman was sentenced to 20 years in prison.

2 inserting facts I learnt was

1. They were on 24 hours a day

2. The music was never heard.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Prudence,

    I'm so glad to see that you have learned about The Beatles. They are an incredibly famous and iconic band from the 1960s. They are really well known by anyone my age and older (30 years +) because they were performing at a time when my parents were quite young and then a number of artists have covered their songs and made them their own over the past 60 years.

    Sadly, two of the original members of The Beatles have passed away. As you mentioned John Lennon was shot to death and George Harrison died of lung cancer in the early 1990s. Fortunately, both Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney are still alive and Paul still performs.

    When I read your interesting facts about the band I was a little bit confused by point #2. Can you please tell us a bit more about which music wasn't heard? Was there a specific song that you wrote that they weren't able to release or perform? I'd love to know more.

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,

    #2 means that there music wasn't really heard so they decided to go to other country's to perform. That's what i mean sorry if i didn't say it in my language.

    From Prudence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Prudence,

      Ah! Thanks for explaining it to me, Prudence. I really appreciate it!

      See you in a few weeks at Ruapotaka,

      Rachel :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.